- Provide competitive advantage as their usage often relies on tacit knowledge
- Are more likely to unearth solutions that no one else has thought of or tried
- Allow Leaders more time to focus on real business issues - these techniques can save time
- Permit greater buy in from colleagues and employees and thus less resistance to change
- Build intrinsic motivation amongst the workforce
Even in highly regulated industries such as Financial Services, Leaders can enhance their capability in this way. Remember it is only the outputs of your processes that may be regulated. Internally there are usually alternative ways of doing things!